Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Recap-- Chillin' Out Max

This weekend was a whirlwind. We spent a lot of the weekend hanging out at home. Jake leaves for Germany tomorrow and we were soaking up our last days with him.. and I was trying to relax as much as possible before putting on my superwoman cape. I am PERFECTLY capable of taking care of my babies alone. However, Jake is a HUGE help at home. Anything I can do, he can do (better).. besides dress the girls and foresee the future.. only a mama can do those things. We sure are going to miss them but I'm looking forward to a girls week. 

[FRIDAY] My sisters go to school in Kentucky, but had an indoor track meet at Cedarville this weekend so they came home. That night, we went to watch them run. They run the same races and have very similar times. One race, Meg will win.. the next time, Maureen wins. How cool would it be to have your biggest motivator be the person you were born with, raised with, live with, train with, study with.. the list goes on and on. Maureen was injured and unable to finished the race.. it was awful seeing her in pain. But, like I told her.. I really could care less HOW they do. I would like to see them do well, only because.. THEY want to do well. They could be the water girls and I would totally go just to support them. Meg ran really well. Then they introduced Vivi to the team. Her first of MANY races. Bryn stayed home with Jake. Indoor track requires sitting in bleachers.. Bryn doesn't sit. Haha!! 

Bryn played at home with the dogs. She has always loved our dogs... but never paid much attention to them until a couple weeks ago. Now, she loves playing with them, giving them treats, feeding them, and letting them outside. Love that babe!
Also, at school on Friday.. this girl made it to the BIG kids table. Normally, she sits in a mini highchair. But, highchair NO MORE. Growing girl!
After the meet Friday, we went to dinner at Longhorn. It's been a HOT minute since we could all get together for dinner. We loved it!
Vivi was looking right at her Mum Mum and working on her smile 


[SATURDAY] I didn't leave the house at all. Like, I was totally in sweats ALL day. Jake had to make a couple of trips out to get some last minute things for his Germany trip. The weather there is comparable to here, but he has to walk the majority of places so he got some extra layers. He also came back with this for Vivi.. I love that guy! ;-)

Bryn is going through a phase. She is a little dramatic when you say "No". She was loving brushing her teeth for awhile..

 The, I told her we were "Allllll done!" ..She didn't think it was time to be done..
Lordy!!!

Bryn woke up from her morning nap looking like a million bucks...
I'm pretty sure this picture will be at her high school graduation.. and 21st birthday.. ;-)

Jake and I became Advocare distributors last year. We have really loved the products they offer. A lot of my family members have done the challenge multiple times. We are going to start another 24 day challenge the 16th with our friends The Jones and my parents. This will be their first challenge, our second, and my parents 3rd or 4th?! They love it! Kelley and Ben came over Saturday evening for a bit to chat about the challenge and let Bryn and Allie play. They are pretty much the only people that I would let see my house totally messy and me with no make up (except, I'm pretty sure I had black under my eyes from not washing my face at all lol).. and.. I felt totally comfortable sitting there with them. The bestest friends. No judgements! Their little girl will be one in May so she falls right in between my girls. They live RIGHT by us, so our girls will go to the same school. So much fun!
Oh, and I should add that Allie is like the PERFECT kid. She is always so sweet around us and low maintenance... and bonus, she lets me snuggle her. LOVE HER!!!!

Jake and I watched the movie Fury that night with Brad Pitt while eating killer brownies. The movie was awesome. I'm a super dork when it comes to WWII.. and I love war movies. It was my kinda thang! ;-)


[SUNDAY] we did a lot of laundry, cleaning, napping and playing. I tried to get pictures of my sweet girls with their "I'm the BIG sister" and "I'm the LITTLE sister" shirts. It was kinda, sorta a big fail.



 We couldn't get Bryn to look at us.. she was too busy trying to tickle her sister.

Girlfriend LOVES her daddy.. and he is such a big fan of being a girl dad. Don't let him fool you if you hear him talking about wishing he had a boy. The guy LOVES having these girls.. I'm totally outing him! Hehe
For Super Bowl, we went over to our friends Morgan and Michael's. They had just finished their basement and it was KILLER! Jake was green with envy, for sure! They have a sweet little 3 year old named Roman that Bryn loved.. and he loved her. Lots of playing cars and legos! They were fun to watch. Erin and Clayton were there too, and their expecting their little guy in May. I can't freaking stinking WAIT! Ah! Love babies.

Their dogs are kinda huge, and Bryn wasn't intimidated at all. In fact, the only picture I got was teeny tiny Bryn holding her own against their big, sweet dogs.
What a bummer end of the Super Bowl. Marshawn Lynch cracks me up when he interviews, so I was rooting for them. But! I loved the #likeagirl commercial. I hope I raise two empowered girls who are confident in their skills.

Tomorrow, I will review my January goals (which I didn't completely succeed in).. and put down my February goals in writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment