Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday FAVORITES!

This week has been a really LONG week. The nice weather was such a tease.. and now it's so chilly out. I asked Jake if we could bundle up the girls and go for a walk last night. He looked at me like I was crazy but I ignored it and he complied. We got outside.. and I realized why it was such a crazy look.. SO COLD! But, I acted like I didn't notice, in typical stubborn Ashley form, and was like "What?? It feels soooo good out!" Lie. I was lying. It felt good to get out of the house, but it was cold. I was worried about little Bryn's face.. I didn't grab myself jacket.. and Vivi was looking at me like I just stole her pacifier. Can I have the nice weather back again?!!?

This week, Jake got a fitbit. I didn't want one. I never have. My mom has one and loves it, but I just didn't THINK it was for me. I was SO wrong. Jake was telling me about how it tracks his sleep.. and it tells him when he was restless or woke up. I thought that would be neat.. so I asked to wear it for a night. Then.. I asked if I could wear it for a whole day.. JUST to see how active I was. I, of course, was planning on giving it back. I swear! But Jake must've seen how competitive I was getting with myself.. and let me keep it. My guy is so selfless. This thing is COOL!!!! It's my new favorite.


Another FAVORITE of mine is this..

My parents are the BOMB dot com. They've never pretended to be perfect and they've always taught us relationships to put effort and leg work into your relationship. Jake and I have said from day 1 that our relationship is more important than our relationship WITH the girls.. because we are teaching them what to look for in the future. Think I just thought that up on my own? No. My parents taught me. I'm a great wife and mother because I learned from the best and had a great example. I hope to set that same example for my kids. (And maybe calling Jake an ASS this morning for not offering to make me a protein shake wasn't the best way to show that.. hmmm!! ;-)) Love ya, Jake! :-)




My NEW favorite this week.. is Bryn's HAIR. Okay, that's nothing new.. I've always been jealous. But this week.. it fit into a half pony tail.. and KIND OF into a full one.. but fell a bit. Next month, she will have a ponytail for sure. Isn't her hair gorgeous!?



She also now sits with me at our table for her snacks. You can just TELL she feels like BIG stuff when she's sitting there.

Yesterday we painted her little toes and fingers. Eeeeekk! So cute! She didn't even fight me on it. I just whispered a lot (that seems to make her act EXTRA gentle) and kept telling her to blow on them. She did perfect. Now, every time she shows me them.. she says "ooooooohhhh". Haha

Side note-- these pictures are not all from the same day. We had a few PJ days.. and laundry days. And these just happen to be my favorite PJs on her. Haha!!!!


I talked about my mantle being my favorite area in the house.. Now... this is my FAVORITE part of the outside.. the white picket fence. I pretty much didn't even have to walk in the house because I knew I wanted it. It is just SO cute. This Spring, I want to decorate it. Last year, I did lots of flowers. And.. it was good.. but.. I hate watering flowers. Maybe it'll be more fun since Bryn can help.. but.. I doubt it. So, I want to decorate it with STUFF that doesn't need watered! Haha! ;-) I'm still Pinteresting ideas-- stay tuned! ;-)




That's all for now.. the girls are restless for some mommy time this morning! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment