Monday, March 16, 2015

Just because.. If I post it.. maybe I'll do it!

So, Jake and I have been very focused on trying to get our bodies back lately. It is NOT easy. Two years of pregnancy really took a toll on us BOTH. We haven't worked out.. eaten healthy.. two years. Do you know what that can do to a body?! Yikes. It's rough.

We started in February getting ourselves back together by doing the AdvoCare 24 Day challenge! That really helped jump start our weight loss and taught our bodies how to eat and stopped all the cravings. I lost 14lbs and Jake lost 17lbs.. and each of us lost 9 total inches. Prior to the challenge, I was getting daily headaches and was always exhausted. I think during the challenge I maybe only took one nap. So definitely more energy. That's pretty impressive with a 15 month old and 2 month old. But ya'll.. this is embarrassing.. but I can't even tell. Like.. not at all. People SAY they can notice.. but I don't look in the mirror and see a difference. My jeans fit.. not super flattering.. but they fit. So, I KNOW I lost it.. because the scale, measuring tape and jeans tell me I have.. but.. I just don't see it like I thought I would.

 Instead of getting down (okay, I got a LITTLE down), I decided to push on. Jake and I bought the P90X3. I sporadically had done the original P90X and loved it... and Jake did it all and looked incredible at our wedding. BUT.. those videos are up to 1.5 hours long. I just simply DON'T have the time. These videos are only 30 minutes. I can totally make time for that. So, we are continuing to eat healthy.. and do the videos. Today was Day 3. Yoga. I have never been flexible. Never. My fingers haven't touched my toes a day in my life.

But I am going to stick with it. If anything, Jake and I have a laughing date every morning at 5:30am. We CRACK UP. It is so funny to watch what these people do.. look at each other and shake our heads like "Alright.. here goes nothing!". But he keeps reassuring me that he was amazed at what he could do by the end of his 90 days previously. So.. I'll keep trying.

With the weather changing, I've gotten out a lot more with the girls. And my mom bought me new tennis shoes and some work out clothes. Look good, feel good.. right?!




I've taken pictures. They may never surface. BUT.. I'll at least have something to compare to.. and something to motivate me. Stay tuned! Hot mama coming right up! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment