Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring has Sprung!

FINALLY! Spring weather is HERE! We couldn't be more happy. I think within the last week, I've taken the girls on 15 walks. No joke. We were dying indoors. I am a pretty busy body. I love to be out and about. I don't sit still well. And while I occasionally enjoy a whole day snuggled up in the house with my little family, I have had all the SITTING I can take. I'm in GO GO GO mode!




Bryn says "Hey girl" and "Go girl" a lot. I'm pretty much raising a valley girl. I think later this week I'll do a post on all the cool things Bryn and Vivi can do.. because they are prettyyyyy cool! :-)

First of all, I really needed some green in my house. I just want it to be spring INSIDE and OUTSIDE. So I put together some greenery. I'm obsessed with fresh flowers and candles. Those are my love languages. And food. Flowers, candles and food. I'm pretty simple.. and I'm almost certain I missed my calling as a florist..


Last week we went to the park with our buddies. This was the first pretty day out. It was still a little chilly. But guess who didn't care?! Us.. or the kids. Mamas needed out! I'm really lucky to have Katie. She is as much of a busy body as I am. 




Here we are in Katie's cozy Florida room. Note to JAKE.. Florida or Breakfast room necessary for when I'm an old lady (or.. in a couple years..). I need one of these rooms to enjoy a breeze and coffee. Yes? YES? 
We played in our front yard. Bryn loved hanging out with the dogs through the fence. One of her favorite words is Emmett.. she says it like "Hey Emmmmahhhhh". Adorable.


 We cooked out with our neighbor besties (Ben and Kelley) on the last night of our AdvoCare challenge. They did it with us and we were all happy to celebrate getting through it. The guys let Bryn get muddy.. and naturally being my kid, she loved it! Such a little explorer! Also, Half of our backyard is a DISASTER (the part where we have our "patio". It's a muddy mess and we want to redo it.. but I'm not sure it can even grow grass because it's so shady from the huge maple trees. Ugh. Plus.. dogs.. Oy! We will get to it.

Katie and I took the kids to the Cincy Zoo last week. It was a little windy, but overall.. perfect! Vivian is the perfect little sidekick for Bryn. She is so easy and just goes with the flow. She just sat in the stroller, perfectly awake and happy the whole day. Both our toddlers were really good. Love taking the kiddos out.



 Funny story.. it was REALLY bright out. We couldn't see what pictures we were taking. I also couldn't see what I was sending Jake. This picture we took in front of the elephants. So, I sent it to him with the caption "elephant".. just assuming there was one there. There isn't. He send me a text back saying "Uh.. no elephant" and "Sweetie, don't be so hard on yourself". Bahahaha! I was dying.

I love how much Bryn loves "her baby". I rarely worry about Bryn with Vivian anymore because she is just so gentle with her. Sometimes she wants to sit WITH (on) her.. and she wants to hold her. She is just so sweet with her little sister. I love it!
 Seriously, I have the happiest.. prettiest little girls. I love being a girl mom.

On top of having an awesome hub and perfect little girls.. I have two REALLY good dogs. We literally hit the jackpot with these two. Bryn is really into playing with them.. she especially likes to wake them up from a super restful sleep to play. They never mind. Bryn plays tug-o-war with Rosalie (the smaller dog) and loves to give treats and yell for her "Emmmmaahhh". And the girl LOVES letting them outside. Here she is supervising them eating. My mom pointed out how good they are with her because they aren't territorial about their food, at all. In fact.. Rosalie will let Bryn feed her pebble by pebble. They don't really pay attention to the baby. If I'm holding Vivian.. sometimes they think she needs a little lick.. but other than that.. they just do their own thing and entertain Bryn when she requests in. I'm so lucky.
Here's my people... just watching these people (and dogs).. just fills my heart. I was laughing to Jake about how just a couple years ago.. it was just he and I. Then we added dogs.. then Bryn.. now Vivian. Full house. Full heart. And as Jake says.. "Livin' the American Dream". Okay, enough bragging. ;-)

 3 mamas and 4 (and a half!) kids getting ready for a walk.
The Jones came over Friday for PIZZA after completing our challenge. Their daughter is one of my favorite kiddies ever. I love this sweet girl so much. She is so easy going.. and gives the best mean mug I've ever seen. They live right down the street from us.. Allie will be the same school year as Bryn and about 8 months older than Vivian. These girls are gonna be best buddies.
 We went to breakfast with my family Saturday. Meg caught the prettiest picture of my girl. Those little eyelashes. I'm melting.
 And my dad and Rowan have totally stolen Bryn's heart. She is obsessed. She could be in a huge tantrum.. and I say "Where's Row Row?" and it totally turns the fit around.
 The McGaha girls went shopping.. This was us enjoying a massage.. at Bed Bath & Beyond. Because.. why not?! Love those blondes!
One of my new workout outfits. I've worn workout clothes (and actually WORKED OUT in them) every day since we went shopping. Thank goodness those black leggings are slimming! ;-)
So yesterday at the park, My sweet baby kept walking up to groups of kids and playing with them. It was SO cute. I was really happy that both the little girls group and boys group accepted her and played with her. The little girls played with her hair. I was such a proud mama. It was neat to see her be so outgoing.

Things Bryn can't leave home without 1)shoes 2)snack 3)water 4)her buddy Zane
Seriously.. we love that kid! ;-)


There it is. The most jumbled up post ever. But.. I was Pinteresting and blogging.. and chasing.. and cooking.. and I just don't have a linear thought. Haha! Happy Spring! I'm off to buy a few more things to spruce up my home for SPRING! :-)

Oh, and in honor of St. Pattys day.. I'm totally getting a green.. TEA! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment