Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Mantle Decor

Listen, I don't have a crafty or creative bone in my entire body. I have zero "vision"... fashion, hair, home decor.. NOT my thing. NOT. AT. ALL.

That being said, I put together a pretty simple but awesome Spring mantle yesterday.

The lighting is terrible, but the banner is really easy to read in person.. it says "SPRING"

When we were looking at this house... I didn't love the fireplace. I don't know why.. but I just didn't like the stone. WHAT was wrong with me, right?! It is PERFECT and easily my favorite part of my house.

Here are a couple other mantles I've done in this house..

This one we had JUST moved in (see the boxes on the left).. the mantle was way more important to decorate than to.. say.. unpack?! ;-)


Uhhh.. my floors sure were clean pre- Bryn running around! Now.. it always looks like a tornado ran through my family room and dropped a bunch of toys. Oh well, busy livin'..




Okay, back to yesterday's project. It was SIMPLE. I am posting this because if I can do it.. literally ANYONE can throw something like it together... like, your dog could probably do it. Seriously.

So the center board was actually my monthly update board for Bryn.

 I am not doing this for Vivi because.. well, by the time I remember (so.. days later).. then erase the previous months update.. write the new updates (while flipping back to the old updates to see what she does NOW that she didn't do 4 weeks ago).. my kid was always in a rotten mood. It wasn't an easy task. So I do Vivi's month stickers and headband.. write a little blurp.. and wahhh laaa! This board probably would've been way easier with Vivi because she is usually pretty happy.. but.. oh well! ;-)

Anyway! I got this at hobby lobby. I bought the frame and dry erase board separately and then put them together. I wanted a black dry erase board so it LOOKS like a chalkboard.. but is easier to write. I use "chalk markers" to write on it.


I decided the red frame was too much for Spring.. so I spray painted it white.


The writing could've been better.. but that would've required me to do it more than once.. and.. nope! Done and Done!!! :-)

I made this bunting banner at my friend Katie's with her Cricut (PS.. that thing makes "crafting" so easy! Must have!). Well, let's be honest.. I provided some cute paper.. and she made it for me while I chased the kiddos. She has a craft room.. with low drawers.. with all kinds of crafting stuff.. and her son doesn't get into any of it. Seriously, I need to take a page out of her book. 

I used the same book of scrapbook paper I used to make Vivi's room letters.. I love the Spring colors but the vintage feel..



I have a couple cute lanterns I got at Marshalls last year and put some neutral grass looking stuff, little birds and eggs in there. I got those things at the Dollar Tree.  I also got 3 small vases at the thrift store (thank goodness I got 3.. cuz I broke one during this process..) I threw some dollar store plastic eggs in them and ribbon.

I got this BIG vase at the thrift store, too! Threw in some more of that grass stuff.. little sparkly Styrofoam eggs and some fake lilies. 
My grandmother (Mo!) bought me those little bunnies last year (or maybe two years ago?!).. I believe at Michaels. Are they the cutest things ever?! Yes. Yes, they are.
I put my LOVE sign that I made with Katie in the fall on my collage wall. So cute!
And that's it!! So simple. I'll probably throw a few fake Springy flowers around the house today.. but nothing crazy! :-) Seriously, give your dog the task.. because I probably have the equivalent creative brain to a dog.




This baby had her first St. Patty's Day. She wore ALL of her sisters hand-me-downs.. per usual! ;-)



 And just for fun.. I had to put the pictures side-by-side. Bryn was 3.5 months last year wearing that outfit.. Vivi is 2.5 months. They looked identical at birth, but I don't think they look alike at all now. I love it.




Speaking of last year.. Timehop is so much fun! Especially because last year, at this time, I had a baby just one month older than Vivi. It's neat to compare.


And 3 years ago.. she and I were both engaged and hanging with our men.. 

 And 6 years ago?! Holy moly! Love that I've kept these friendships! :-) 



Have a great hump day, friends!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment