Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a whirlwind, as they all seem to be lately. But this particular weekend, we had lots of PLANS. So we were on the run a lot.

Yesterday, Bryn looked at me and said "poo poo" while she only had a diaper on. I decided it was a great time to throw her on the big girl potty to show her what it means. Do I in any way, shape or form believe my 16 month old is ready to potty train.. NO! ;-) But.. I want her to know that if she says "poo poo".. that's what it'll mean. Jake caught this picture.. who was more excited?? Bahaha!

..Okay, I was a little over the top! ;-) FYI.. she didn't poop. And we also need a mini potty for that lil booty.


So Friday night was our relaxation night. I was CRAVING Chipotle BIG time. But instead, I made burrito bowls on my own. Jake said they were amazing. Out of left field, I'm a really good cook. If you would've asked me what kind of wife/mom I would be 10 years ago.. hell, even 3 years ago.. cooking wouldn't have been on the list of things I would do.. let alone be GOOD at it. It's been a good surprise.
The girls went to sleep early.. Jake and I started watching Blacklist from the previous evening.. but decided our time would be better spent sleeping. 8:30pm Friday night bedtime. We are pretty awesome.

We woke up early on Saturday to do our P90X. It was the first "repeat" day and we were pleasantly surprised with how much more we could do. I even decided I'm going to start doing "regular" push-ups and actual pull-ups.. instead of on the resistance band.
Bryn was in a MOOD both weekend mornings and was back in bed by 8am. I was able to shower, do my make-up, blow dry my hair AND straighten it.. with no interruptions.. and drinking HOT coffee (I even poured a little cold water in it because it was TOO hot). Heaven. I was in heaven.

I felt really good about what I was looking like. I just felt like my face looked thinner when I put my make up on. Then, while both the girls were snuggled with me.. Jake snapped these pictures..

..and I felt like a fatty all over again. Let's just say.. there were tears. This weight stuff is very hard. And it's hard when not only has my husband lost weight.. but I also see his body starting to sculpt. And I am SO happy for him.. and so frustrated that I just don't see it with me. We are doing the same thing!!! Same diet.. same work out.. WAY different results. I say this just because.. I know.. my time is coming. I'm not giving up.. I AM getting frustrated.. but I know it's just going to take longer. And maybe my "beach bod" goal for this summer is unattainable.. BUT.. it's not unattainable for NEXT year. I'll keep at it. And hopefully I'll look back at these pictures and laugh about when I was a fatty ;-)

Saturday afternoon, I went to this girls baby shower. I just LOVE me some Erin! She had a treasure chest for her little guy for when he turns 18. And we all wrote him a little note. In mine.. I put "and hopefully I'll be at your 18th birthday party to tell you this myself".. and here's the thing.. I REALLY do think I will be. She is just one of those forever friends. 

And also.. a lot of THESE girls. I see lots of baby showers, birthdays and graduations in our future, ladies! :-) 

 And just for fun.. back in August.. Erin was still ROCKING the coral for her bridal shower.. I was rocking the prego belly.. and Bryn was rocking sitting on my hump.
Life is crazy! :-)



Back on track, after the baby shower.. I went home, picked up Jake and Bryn.. and we headed off to my friend Brittany and Brady's house for the Ohio State game. (And to be totally honest.. I just had to look up if they won.. they didn't..). We had a blast. Met a lot of their friends that we had heard a lot about.. and I just stared in awe at how perfect of a mom Brit is going to be. No one is THAT good with kids that doesn't have any.. but Brit is. I love that girl.

This was freshman year of high school (and I found a card from my 13th birthday party from her).. We've been friends for.. awhile! ;-) 




Sunday morning we woke up at did our P90X. The only day we haven't done was the "rest" day they gave us on Friday. They also gave an option video to do that day.. so our intentions were to do that.. but the extra half hour of sleep sounded better on that morning.

Sunday, we had plans to go golfing with a couple friends! But.. the weather was just too cold so we took a rain check. Jake and I already had lined up his mom to babysit.. and she would've been disappointed if we cancelled.. so we decided to go to the movies instead. We saw Insurgent in 3D.. so good!
That night, we had dinner at Jake's parents.. the girls played big time.. his parents loved it.. and I got to paint my fingers and toes. I pretty much felt like I had a whole spa day after having fresh fingers and toes. I'm pretty sure Jake hates the sea foam green I chose.. but.. I don't care! ;-)

We didn't get home til late. Did a little light cleaning.. put the girls to bed.. and went to bed ourselves.

Next weekend, we are headed to Tennessee to visit my sister-in-law and family. I LOVE it down there so I'm really REALLY looking forward to it.



Side note-- We tried to put Vivian in her crib last night. I don't think she is a fan of lying flat on her back (her rock-n-play is kinda angled). And I was too tired to deal with it.. so I put her back in her rock-n-play. And.. she slept through the WHOLE night! 9pm-7am. I am like a whole new person. So THIS is what I look like without dark circles under my eyes.. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment